- About Us
- Program Statement
- Core Values Mandate
- The Kendellhurst Difference
- Guiding Quotations
- School Pedagogy
- Curriculum Overview
- Advanced French Program
- Science Programs
- International Program
- Character Building Project
- Study Hall Program
- Summer Camps
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Policies & Procedures
- School Uniform Policy
- Our Campus
- Admissions Process
- Tuition Fees
- Open House Events
- School Calendar Snapshot
- Kendellhurst Videos
- Online Brochure
- Affiliation Links
- Contact Us
We welcome new students into our preschool to grade school divisions throughout the year! Please call our School Registrar, Ms. Alexandra Rogerson, at 905-813-8000 to set your appointment.
For students applying for Junior or Senior Kindergarten, please set an appointment with the School Administrator for an informal interview. We ask that your child and both parents (if possible) be present for this process.
At Kendellhurst Academy, we seek students who will benefit from our mission of democratic citizenship, social responsibility and critical thinking. In order for us to determine whether your child will benefit from our program, we conduct an entrance assessment. The entrance assessment is a carefully developed evaluation tool covering academic ability based on age, core values and various areas of concentration.
For students applying to Grades 1 through 8, an appointment must be made for the entrance assessment. There is a non-refundable $50.00 charge for the assessment ($25.00 for each additional family member) payable on the day of the assessment. The entrance assessment will help us determine your child's capabilities. In order to be considered for admission to Kendellhurst Academy , a student's language proficiency must be fluent and age appropriate as we do not offer ESL programming at this time.
Upon completion of the academic assessment, the School Director or Administrator will meet with parents to discuss their child's learning needs and placement.
- For students who are accepted to our grade school program, an offer of admission will be made by phone from our School Director or Administrator sent by e-mail or mail.
For students accepted into our Kindergarten program, the School Administrator will call with an offer of admission.
- To accept the offer of admission and reserve your child's placement in our school, the following items must be submitted:
- a copy of your child's birth certificate and immunization record
- a copy of your child's final report from the previous year
- application for admission package documents
- the OSR request form
- a non-refundable registration deposit of $250
- post-dated tuition cheques in accordance with Tuition Fees Plan
- post-dated cheques for before and after school programs (if applicable).
Please submit the above items as soon as possible. In late August we have an open house for parents and children to meet their classroom teacher, visit their classroom and tour the school. We encourage all families to attend this event. Please note: students are required to attend school in full uniform from September to June. Information on our uniforms is found in your Kendellhurst Enrolment Package.
We accept applications from Preschool to Grade 8 throughout the year. However, we encourage you to begin the process in the fall of the year prior to admission in order to ensure your child's placement in our school.
We look forward to having you join our Kendellhurst community!
Paula Carrasco-Kendell, Hon. B.A., B. Ed., (OCT), M.A.T., M. Ed., School Owner-Director/Principal
Kendellhurst Academy © All Rights Reserved